Women In Construction (WIC) Week is March 3-9, 2019
Regional Chair: Tania Bowman, Gr. Des Moines #80
Be sure to tag all of your social media posts:
The focus of Women in Construction (WIC) Week is to highlight women as a visible component of the construction industry. WIC Week also provides an occasion for NAWIC’s thousands of members across the country to raise awareness of the opportunities available for women in the construction industry and to emphasize the growing role of women in the industry. It is also a time for local chapters to give back to their communities.
Let's share our activities, pictures, videos and successes here for the Region to celebrate!
Activities Planned in the Midwest Region.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS:
A few of the local chapters are planning to get together to celebrate WIC Week with a kick off brunch on Sunday, March 3 in Rocheport, MO!
This annual event is sponsored by St. Louis Chapter #38 and everyone is welcome to attend! Click on the image at right for details. RSVP by Thursday, Feb. 28 to Sandra Carter!
Please let us know of any activities you have planned that are open to the public, other chapters, etc. We will share them here!
WIC Week Awards
WIC Week awards will be based on four categories:
You choose which category, or categories you want to compete in. You can choose just one or all four! (which I suggest) 😊
When you submit your WIC Week recap online, WHICH IS DUE APRIL 2nd) be sure to include the category (ies) you want to be judged in. The chapter or Region with the best score in the category will be announced at Annual Conference in Atlanta in 2019. Prizes will be a donation to the chapter or region general fund!
The WIC Week Midwest Region Awards can be found in the attachment below. Here are the 3 categories that will be awarded in Chicago:
Women Working Together…to make our World Fair
Social Media Prize-Winners: Your chapter swarmed as a team and went the extra mile to spread the buzz online about women in construction!
Women Building Together…to make our World Fair
Blue-Ribbon Wearing PR Specialists: We know it takes time to get in the news, but your chapter didn’t shy away from yelling from the rooftops about WIC Week!
Women Coming Together…to make our World Fair
Prize-Winning Networkers: Your chapter created multiple events, and then followed through and attended in droves to spread the word about WIC Week!
Midwest Region WIC Week Award Information:
WIC Week Ideas.
Each chapter in our region has done some outstanding events during WIC Week in the past. Here is a compilation of suggestions that might help you finalize a few new things for 2019!
PR & Marketing
PR & Marketing
- Newspaper or Magazine Articles
- They are always looking for content….submit press releases and letters to editor, articles about your chapter and what you’re doing, etc.
- Get them from national, or print off a copy and post them in all trailers, offices, schools, and around town!
- Radio or TV promotions
- Just ask – it can never hurt. Submit a story idea and you might just get on the air….for free!
- NAWIC Attire and/or pins worn at events or membership drives
- Many chapters are selling clothing right now. Our chapter has a new online store that includes WIC Week shirts! (https://qrg.four51ordercloud.com/NAWIC/catalog)
- Social Media Campaign using #WICWeek2019
- Change your cover photo to the WIC Week Logo (be sure to include the one that has the dates on it)
- Change your profile picture to the WIC Week Logo (be sure to include the one that has the dates on it) --- I currently have a temporary, world-wide, WIC Week Profile frame submitted to Facebook for approval! I will get that link out to everyone once it is LIVE, with instructions to send to your members. 😊
- Member profiles
- Information on how to join/get involved in NAWIC
- Posts about your WIC Week events & happenings
- Joint Chapter/Association Meetings
- Joint Chapter/Association Events
- Joint Region/Association Events
- Partner with a local charity that week. There are lots of small…to large ways to make a difference in your community all week long! 😊
- Food or supply collection
- For your WIC Week events….ask members to bring items that will go to a local charity
- Blood Drive
- Habitat for Humanity
- Lunch N Learn
- Job Site Tour
- Career Fair
- NAWIC 101 Presentations